- Remove the plastic cap from the sword blade, then carefully slide it into the handle through the top until it meets the pins. The intention is that the sword blade pushes the pins in a little bit.
- Now screw the included flat socket screws with the socket wrench through the screw holes at the top of the handle to firmly clamp the sword blade in place. So they don't have to be in there! The remaining pointed and blunt screws are spares you don't need to do anything with them.
- The socket screws should be inserted straight into the hilt and without resistance.
When reassembling, make sure that the hexagonal screws do not block the blade on the inside of the handle.
Charge the saber for at least two hours before use. Do not turn on the saber while it is charging. A 1A / 5V charger should be used for charging. If the saber has been completely empty charge for a minimum of 4 hours.
Charging with cable: Insert the cable into the charging port. The light ring will blink slowly. When the saber is fully charged, the light ring will turn off or the saber will say "ready". On some legendary sabers, the charging port is hidden, usually at the bottom of the saber.
Charging with a separate battery charger: Unscrew the two parts of the saber from each other (leave all screws on) and remove the battery to place it in the charger.
When the saber is in standby (the button lights and the sword blade does not light) press the button on the handle once. If the button does not illuminate, the saber is off and the button must be held down for approximately three seconds to turn the saber on.
When the saber is on (sword blade lights up): hold down the luminous button until the saber turns off (approximately three seconds), the saber will now go into standby mode. Hold the button longer to turn it off completely.
Each KenJo Saber has different volumes and a silent/mute mode.
To change the volume, the saber must be in standby mode. Press and hold the button until the light flashes once, then release. There will now be a voice confirmation.
Repeat this process to change between volume and mute modes.
With premium neopixel sabers, it is also possible to change the volumes of the different modes. For instructions: scroll further down to the "updates & adjustments" section.
Premium neopixel has several functions that can be controlled from the standby mode. Press and hold and then release the button at 1, 2 or 3 flashes.
1 blink: toggle between volume and mute.
2 blinks: toggle between 7 different blade styles. The blade style determines the light effect of the lightsaber after it starts up.
3 Blinks: Toggle between 8 different startup styles. The startup style determines the light effect of the lightsaber while it is starting up.
4 Blinks: toggle between 40+ sound types.
- Blaster sound with flash/ bullet ricochet - press the button briefly.
- Flash when struck - The KenJo Saber will automatically emit a flash of light and sound when struck against another saber or object.
- Movement - The KenJo Saber will automatically make a sound when it is moved.
- Sound and light run - press and hold the button for one second (the light will flash), then press the button again briefly. The saber will flash and continue to make sound as if there is a saber clash. Press the button again to stop the loop.
- Tip drag / melt effect - click the button once while stabbing forward
It is possible to adjust the color of the sword in two different ways. The lightsaber must be on.
- Press the button, when the light ring flashes for the second time release the button. The sword will now slowly change color. Press the button briefly to confirm the color.
- By motion: Point the saber down while it is on and hold the button down while quickly turning your wrist a quarter turn. The saber will now slowly change color. Click on the button to confirm the color.
Operation by motion:
Lightsabers equipped with a premium neopixel soundboard are equipped with improved electronics. This makes the smooth swing function many times better than a baselit or standard neopixel saber. A premium neopixel lightsaber responds significantly more realistically to movement.
The improved electronics in a Premium Neopixel lightsaber also make it possible to control the lightsaber with motion instead of just the button. The lightsaber can be turned on and off, change colors, play music, and change sound types with movement.
Lightsaber is in standby mode
1. Switch on - quickly sweep the sword forwards and backwards
3. Turn music on / off - hold the saber straight up and quickly turn the wrist a quarter turn to the right and back
4. Change sound type - hold the saber straight down and quickly turn the wrist a quarter turn to the left and back.
Lightsaber is on:
1. Turn off - holds the saber pointed straight up and quickly rotates the wrist a quarter turn to the right and back
2. Color change: Point the saber downward and hold down the button while quickly turning the wrist a quarter turn to the left and back.
3. Clash loop - Strike forward and press the button
4. Blaster ricochet - Move the sword up and down quickly
The video below shows how to use these movement functions:
If you want to adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor, quickly scroll through to the updates and adjustments section for instructions.
Switching between blade styles:
The Premium Neopixel soundboard has five different blade styles. This provides the ability to leave the lightsaber on for different styles. The seven blade styles are as follows:
- Pulse, the blade has a slow pulsating light effect
- Steady, the sword blade fires evenly
- Unstable, the sword blade pulsates
- Flame, the sword blade lights up continuously from bottom to top
- Rainbow, the blade has all colors at once
- Candy blade, the blade has all colors at once
- Crackle blade, the sword blade is on with localized flashes
To switch between blade styles, the saber must be in standby. Press and hold the button until it has blinked twice, then release. A voice confirmation will follow. Repeat this process to switch between blade styles.
Switching between start up styles:
In addition to the different blade styles, you can also choose between eight different ways the sword turns on, such as the well-known classic style, a violently pulsing start up sequence, slow fill and the ghost blade. Ghostblade is a mode in which the light extinguishes slowly and comes back on brighter based on movement. But also fun variants such as the blaster blade, where it seems like a laser shoots out of the sword.
In the video below, the different start up styles are shown.
To switch between start up styles, the saber must be in standby. Press and hold the button until it has blinked three times and then release. A voice confirmation will follow. Repeat this process to switch between start up styles.
Updates and modifications:
The Premium Neopixel sound board is a Xenopixel v2 board and is equipped with a 16GB SD card. This card holds up to 40 different sound types! The SD card can be removed from the electronics kit allowing for even more sounds to be loaded, music to be changed, updates to be performed or the sensitivity of functions to be adjusted.
To do this the SD card must first be removed from the electronics kit. You do this by opening the saber, the bottom of the electronics kit becomes visible. At the back you will find the battery. By taking out the battery the SD card becomes visible. Carefully remove the SD card and place it in the included SD USB stick.
NOTE: To maintain warranty only the saber should be opened. Do not remove screws, remove the electronics kit from the saber, disassemble the electronics kit.
Before adding new files or updating the software, it is advisable to save all files to the SD card to avoid losing them.
To update only and keep all sounds, simply replace the "set" folder.
The latest SET file including the default sounds can be downloaded from our Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E5JqYmv2adsY5pY85zfXaxgOWoRnJADq?usp=sharing
The SD card should contain the SET folder and folders with sounds. Do not create new folders or put these files together in one folder either. Make sure that you first unzip the .zip or .rar file before putting it on the SD card. The contents of the SD card should always look like this:
In the video below the complete SD card is updated with the file which can be downloaded from our drive.
After the new software is on the sd card it should be placed back into the saber. Take out the battery and put it back to start the update.
The xenopixel board contains a lot of popular soundfonts by default. If you want to add another sound then this is possible. Adding sounds works very simply by creating an extra folder on the SD card and giving it a successive number which is not yet in use. Number it as follows: 1,2,3,...33, 34,35,36 etc. Folders can be added until the SD card is full.
Sounds need to be in .WAV format and have a sample rate of 44100. The sounds need to be dragged and dropped into the new folder.
Note: the sounds need to be named in exactly the same format as the existing fonts. Below is an example of the contents of a soundfont folder. Other names are not possible. In most cases it is therefore necessary to change all newly downloaded files to the format of the example below. In some cases it is also necessary to change the name itself to match the list below.
After the new software is on the sd card it needs to be placed back into the saber. Take out the battery and put it back to start the update.
Sounds can be purchased and downloaded for example from Kyberphonic, Darkwolf, Greyscale etc and many more. Anything can be put on it as long as the names match the example shown above.
Adjusting Sensitivity and Volume:
Should you wish to adjust the sensitivity or volumes of your premium neopixel lightsaber you can do so very easily via the config file which is on the SD card. Follow the instructions up to step 4 in the previous video (finding and inserting the SD card into the computer) and then follow the instructions below:
If there are any questions or ambiguities about the different functions of a premium neopixel lightsaber, please ask. We will be happy to help you!
If anything fails or the saber does not work properly after an update or adding a soundfont we recommend emptying the entire SD card and re-uploading the file from the Google Drive.
If you have any questions or encounter unexpected problems with the KenJo Saber in any form? For instruction movies and answers to frequently asked questions please visit kenjosabers.nl/pages/faqs or kenjosabers.nl/pages/troubleshoot.
Is your question not here or do you want to use the legal warranty please contact us and we will ensure a prompt and adequate service to solve the problem. This can be done via firstname.lastname@example.org or via the chat function at www.kenjosabers.com. Please include your order number so we can quickly look into the matter.
- The KenJo Saber is not suitable for children under the age of 14. Children over 14 should play with the KenJo Saber under adult supervision.
- Use KenJo Sabers safely and responsibly.
- This product is not water resistant.
- Do not turn on this product while it is charging.
- Do not disassemble or open this product yourself, otherwise Do not disassemble or open this product yourself, otherwise the warranty will be voided.
- Do not leave this product on or charging unattended.
- This product is not suitable for use as a permanent light source.
- KenJo Sabers will not be held responsible for any damage and/or injury caused by not following warnings.
- Do not expose saber to open flame or indirect heat.
- Contains small parts, keep out of reach of children and store safely and store safely because of the danger of suffocation.
- This product should not be thrown in the trash and should be recycled.
- Do not leave the saber on unattended.
- This product cannot go into the washing machine or microwave.
- KenJo Sabers is not responsible for any damage and/or injury caused by not following warnings.
- Do not use (rapid) chargers with an output higher than 1A/5V.